Wednesday, December 1, 2010

-.- ... (what should i say?)

Ummm......  This is my second account cause for some reason i couldn't access my account....  my last one was kiritsu-chan15.blogspot , i only had three posts...  One thing i never had the chance to do was talk about music.  I really regret it, so I'll start with that.  Music isn't just simple noise like what we hear a lot of today.  Music speaks that which cannot be spoken.  You know you are listening to a good song if the artist's emotions flow through you.  I've decided that the one thing i couldn't live without would be sound.  Without sound, everything is num, empty, vacant, whats scarier to you something, but you can dismiss it as a dream for you hear nothing, or hearing the whole reality of it, understanding it, but not seeing it?  They say math is a language, which by the way i believe too, but i also believe that music is its own language too.
See this giant here?  I play this thing, it's heavier than me, and bigger than a tuba.  This is the Baritone Saxophone, the second largest in the saxophone family.  Why did i choose to play it?  I wanted to join the Jazz Band in our school, and you can't really with a Bb Bass Clarinet.  The two instruments may look similar, but trust me, they are very different.  I started playing about 10 months ago, and I've already had to play in front of an audience with a bari featured song; Moanin' by Charles Mingus, youtube it, try playing that with less than a year of experience.  I love this instrument though, it may be a hassle and a pain to get home, but its beautiful, i love the sound that a Baritone Saxophone makes.
What instrument did i start on?  In grade 8 i chose the Bb Clarinet, and i stayed with it for as long as i could, but then came the braces...  With braces i couldn't get the ombesher (form of mouth, probably wrote the word wrong...) right.  My teacher suggested that i try an instrument with a more relaxed ombesher, the easiest would be a Bb Bass Clarinet, it has basically the same fingerings as a Bb Clarinet, but its LOUDER and BIGGER than a Bb Clarinet (not as big as a Baritone Saxophone though...)
What instrument am i currently learning?  The acoustic guitar, fourth month playing.  Our school offers a guitar class, so thats how i'm leaning, i mostly take my choir music and read off that, i'm actually pretty good.  Still don't know how to play chords yet.  Well i better stop now, it's been over an hour... i type really slowly... T_T

3 comments:

  1. Guess what? OK just so you know... I'm one of Rosanne's friends =) (Stettler of course!) ok ok ok anyway back to my guess what??? I played bass clarinet too!!! I obviously wasn't very good cause I was wearing braces at the time..... so yeah!!! Anyway ttyl my newest friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New blog? Kewl! But you should post more. Seriously. Like, go on NOW and post something~!!!!! RIGHT NOW

    ReplyDelete