Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Procrastinating (putting off studying)

Well... It's been a while.  I've been really busy and I completely forgot about my blog.  I'm sorry to those of you (the very few) who check my blog regularly.  Tomorrow I have a big concert!!!!!!!  And I'm playing the Baritone BC instead of the Bari Sax!!!!!!  I've been playing it for about two months, perhaps less... but I'm actually pretty good!  I'll post our performance after this weekend (I'm going to the North American Block Goju Ryuu Karate Evaluation!!!!!!!  It happens once every five years!!!!!).

Not only have I been busy with the concert (and the evaluation), but exams are coming up!!!!!!!  I only have two to write (chem 20 and ela 20), but still!!!!!!!  I need to keep my marks up if I want to get into Biomedical Engineering!!!!!!  I may have a love for music, but my interests lye in the sciences.  But this blog isn't about science!!!!!  It is about music so that's what I'm gonna be talking about!!!!

Now when you listen to this song, I want you to picture a vampire playing te organ (this is what my friend said she thought of when listening to it).  Are version is only 2 and a half minutes long, but all the other version are 9 minutes long, so here you go: Tocata


Unfortunately I wasn't able to find Tanglewood (not the concert or festival or whatever it was that showed up, it's a song).  This one though is a favorite among all band members: Music for a Darkened Theatre (and we play it in a darkened theatre)




And now our last song, and definately the hardest.  It is at the same level as Flight of the Griffin (don't you love Adam's explanation of a Griffin) that we played last year, but we are playing this one a lot better (once agin, our versio is much shorter): Hounds of Spring


I hope you like the songs and i can't wait to post our band's version of them!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your songs are sooo catchy! > x < I love them all!! I want to see your concert so bad!!! Speaking of concerts....my school band concert is coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete