Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I know I Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

I thought that I'd be exhausted, but 8.5 hour shifts aren't so bad.  In fact, yesterday went by quite quickly (even if Kate, the duchess, didn't come by to buy something... but their entourage bought them some fruit cups!!!!).  I'm sure one other blogs you've heard similar stories of the Duke and Duchess, but take a look at this picture that my brother I took!  Yes I was working the whole day and I managed to duplicate myself to see them.


Yes, my brother I am so short that the angle is like so.  You got a problem with that?


Now for today's post I was going to do something with the B-52's, but considering who is appearing in the post, I decided to reconsider.


So instead it't BTO with "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet", the song that (unintentionally) made them famous.




I met a devil woman
She took my heart away
She said, I've had it comin' to me
But I wanted it that way
I say that any love is good lovin'
So I took what I could get mmh, mmh, mmh
She looked at me with them brown eyes

And said, You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something that you're never gonna forget
B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet
And you're thinkin' you ain't been around, that's right

And now I'm feelin' better
Cause I found out for sure
She took me to her doctor
And he told me of a cure
He said that any love is good love
So I took what I could get
Yes I took what I could get
And then she looked at me with them big brown eyes

And said, You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something, here's something that you're never gonna forget, baby
B-B-B-Baby, you know, you know, you know, you just ain't seen nothin' yet
You need an education, got to go to school

Any lovin' is good lovin'
So I took what I could get
Yes I took what I could get
And then, and then, and then she looked at me with them big brown eyes

And said, You ain't seen nothin' yet
Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something, here's something
Here's a lover you're never gonna forget, baby
B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet
You ain't been around
You ain't seen nothin' yet, that's what she told me
She said, I need an education, go to school

I know I ain't seen nothin' yet
I know I ain't seen nothin' yet, mmh, mmh, mmh
I got something for you right now
Feels good, alright, how do you do that
But I ain't seen nothin' yet
But I deserve it one of these days
Woohoo, but I ain't seen nothin' yet
I ain't seen nothin' yet
Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah
I ain't seen nothin' yet
I'll wait, I'll wait, I'll wait
If you want to show me what I ain't seen, where I ain't been
Lalalalalala
Owowowowowowo



Song facts from here:
  • Randy Bachman didn't intend to release this with the stuttering vocal. He sang it with the stutter to make fun his brother, Gary, who had a speech impediment. During microphone checks, he would sing it with the stutter and recorded a version that was to give to Gary. His record company liked it a lot better than the non-stuttering version, so that's the one they released. Eventually, Gary stopped stuttering.
  • The lyrics led to rumors that this is about herpes. It is not.
  • The title is grammatically incorrect. It is a double-negative.
  • This came about when the band was playing a jam session in the key of "A." "Takin' Care Of Business" also came out of a jam session, but that one was in the key of "C."
  • Bachman's inspiration for the intro/verse melody was Dave Mason's "Only You Know and I Know." (thanks, ant - Belleville, Canada)
  • Since they didn't think this take was going to be released, they considered it a scratch track to get the sound correct in the studio. The band didn't even tune their instruments for it. It was released while they were on tour and later had to be remastered to hide the fact that the instruments were not in tune. (thanks, Joel - Bowie, VA)


Unfortunately I have no more time today, so there's no personal opinion of this song other than I like it.  I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment