Friday, February 3, 2012

Challenge Accepted

Remember when i did a post about the solo song I did for my jazz band?  The song was Moanin' by Charles Mingus.  For our spring concert we're doing another song by him that also features the Bari Sax.  I wanted to share the song with you, here it is, Fables of Faubus by Charles Mingus.


I'm very excited to play this piece of music.  It is very challenging, but I'm sure that by the concert I'll have it mastered!  I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE MR P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, we will be performing Gimme Some Lovin' by the Blues Brothers at the Valentine's Day concert.


If you don't know who they are, please feel obliged to find out.  WATCH THE MOVIE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I'm actually dancing to that song! :D I wish I could be there to watch you play it!!

    I love jazz music!!

    ReplyDelete