Saturday, April 23, 2011

This post kind of proves that I'm a contradiction...

I got a high mark for this one here, the teacher thought it was imaginative.  In my opinion it was quite bland because it had to be about myself.  I could of created an extravagant tale that exists no where but in my mind until I write it down, but no.  It had to be about myself. Well, I hope you guys enjoy the poem!

Wings


I have wings
They take me to places I've never seen
      places I've never been
I've even been to places beyond this world


I"ve seen babies being born
      men dying for what they believe in
I've seen seemingly endless nights
I've seen the most most gorgeous sunrises


I've been to mass on Sunday morning
I've listened to a Buddha's teachings
I've gone to war in the name of a false god
      and I never returned home to my family.


Alone in my room
      clearly vivid thoughts fill my mind
      I imagine impossible possibilities
My imagination is wings to an unknown reality




      one no scientist will ever truly discover
            it lies between the pages of books
                  born through children's eyes
                        waiting to be explored by the open-minded




For those of you who watch Star Gate SG-1, you can see how I was inspired for the third line of the third stanza.  I know I'm a geek!  I'm proud of it too!  When I first started watching it with my family, I thought Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) was hot, where as my mother adored Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson).  Stargate SG-1 is a military sci-fi and is really awesome!  The characters are Hilarious!  Jack and Daniel are best friends, but are completely different!  Jack is a colonel in the military (supposed to be retired at that, twice even) and Daniel in short summary, a nerd.  But a hot nerd who spokes over 20 languages and could adapt to learn more quite quickly.  He died multiple times in the series, all times somehow coming back to life.  Here's a brief summary of the plot (source: wikipedia) :


The story of Stargate SG-1 begins about a year after the events of the feature film. A network of ancient alien devices called Stargatesconnects a vast multitude of planets within our Milky Way galaxy for interstellar travel. Later episodes reveal that this network is capable of spanning not just planets within the Milky Way, but with sufficient power, can provide intergalactic travel as well. Stargate SG-1 chronicles the adventures of SG-1, the flagship team of over two dozen teams from Earth who explore the galaxy and defend Earth against alien threats such as the Goa'uldReplicators and later the Ori. The composition of the SG-1 team is stable in the show's first five seasons but changes several times in the remaining seasons. The series expands upon many Ancient Earth mythologies such as Egyptian mythologyNorse mythology, and Arthurian legend. The 2008 direct-to-DVD films Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum continue the adventures of SG-1.

If you guys plan on watching this tv show (which I HIGHLY encourage you to do), I suggest that you watch the movie first.  There are different actors for Daniel and Jack (the others aren't introduced yet), but it's still a really good movie, and you'd be missing background information without watching the movie.  Well, I hope you all enjoyed this post!  Bye~!

No comments:

Post a Comment